Since moving from NYC to join my boyfriend in CT, I have been decorating areas of our home piece by piece. In the last few weeks I have been investigating ideas for a bar area off of the living room. The holidays have been on my mind, which may or may not have swayed me into gravitating towards golds, but once coming to the conclusion I thought I’d share my ideas for a fun, festive bar area centered around gold and dark woods. Enjoy!
1. Golden Highball Glasses by C. Wonder
3. Gold Lumino Coaster set of 4 by RabLabs
4. Mirrored Etched Glass Tray by Target
5. Wishbone Bottle Opener by Anthropologie
We recently planned a Peter Rabbit 1st birthday party where we were tasked to incorporate pumpkins into the party given that it is Fall. In thinking about creative ways to mesh both concepts together, I wanted to be certain of two things. One – make sure that the traditional orange pumpkin did not clash with our robin’s egg and pistachio color scheme. Two – express the theme in a way that guests would not find entirely literal.
The party was a great success and I look forward to sharing the images with you soon! In the meantime, I thought I’d leave you with some creative ways to incorporate pumpkins into your everyday life. In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, enjoy the following DIY projects that are sure to wow guests at your next festive occasion!
I don’t think I could have asked for a kinder or more geniune couple to start off this year’s Spring wedding season! Saien & George are just about some of the nicest people you will ever meet, truly! And back at my old stomping grounds, the spectacular beach front location of the Wee Burn Beach Club in Rowayton, made for a perfect backdrop of this very special wedding celebration. Saien had a very clear vision of her wedding day from our very first meeting. She wanted pastels, shades of purple and pink, in a beachfront location surrounded by elements of a flowering Spring garden. I think the stunning location and exquisite floral design brought her vision perfectly to life. It was a truly beautiful event for a beautiful couple!
And check out this beautiful short film beautifully capturing the highlights of the day by The Light Mill Film Studios!
What a fun day! Thank you to the very talented Melani Lust Photography for the beautiful photos! And thank you to Saien & George for letting us be a part of such a joyous celebration!
Venue: Wee Burn Beach Club
Photographer: Melani Lust
Floral Designer: Elegant Effects
Videographer: The Light Mill
Wedding Cake: The Cake Suite
Beauty: Naomi’s Salon
Rentals: Party Rental Ltd
Calligraphy: Michelle Dowling
1. Start by selecting your favorite snapshot and then choose a template that most reflects your personality. Often times you can play around with the color scheme to find one that works best with your photo. minted.com
2. Skip having to write your return info on each envelope with self-adhesive return address labels. You can also choose to coordinate your holiday greeting card and labels in the same design template. tinyprints.com
3. In lieu of the expected blue or black ballpoint, choose gold or other colored ink to add festive flair. pentel.com
4. The addition of an on theme stamp is always a nice touch. Hit your local post office before holiday designs sell out or go one step further by using a collection of vintage holiday stamps. etsy.com/shop/vintagepostageshop
5. Design a personalized return address stamp. We love the look when used on the envelope flap! banterandcharm.com
6. Pretty up your package by using decorative washi tape. Push the envelope (haha) with an all-over design or simply to help secure the flap. paper-source.com
Hello to all of the friends and family of a Polished plan. It is so nice to officially “meet you” and a big thanks to Sarah for the warm welcome! Now that I have become a member of the aPp team, I’ve been put to the task of blogging regularly and in doing so, I plan to share thoughts and ideas that foster my creativity in hopes of inspiring our readers as well.
One of the things that you will learn about me through my “Meet Jess” page is that I believe in the power of uplifting inspirational quotes. My love for these started while living in Manhattan. There are phrases and sayings spattered all over the city. My first year or so they hadn’t jumped out at me but once I was acclimated with my surroundings, I really started taking the time to notice the overwhelming abundance of art in the form of written word that surrounded me. Thanks to the power of social media, I’ve made it a hobby of searching out and collecting inspirational quotes, many of which are framed and dispersed throughout my home as motivational reminders.
I intend to share these little bits of motivation with you regularly through our “In The Moment” series, starting with the one that sits next to the sink in my bathroom, haha. Enjoy!
After a VERY busy Spring & Summer wedding season, we are thrilled to officially announce the exciting news! aPp has added a talented new event planner to our permament Polished team. Meet Jess!
Jess has been an event planner in New York City and the Hamptons since 2007. She planned high end corporate events for the luxury men’s fashion brand Zegna and large scale social events for Joonbug Productions. She was born and raised in New Jersey, received her degree in fashion merchandising & design from The University of Rhode Island and has now left the city behind to settle into a suburban lifestyle in the town of Darien.
To officially meet Jess, click here to check out her new page on the Polished website.
Jess joins the Polished team with a wealth of vendor resources in the tri-state area, a keen eye for event design, and a breadth of knowledge about planning a variety of events. She will be a tremendous asset to all of our Polished plans and we are so excited to officially welcome her to the team!
And a big thank you to our good friend, Bruce Plotkin, for Jess’s beautiful portfolio photos!